1 General provisions
2 What data we process & why
- When you use the Website, we process personal data relating to you. Your personal data are processed for the following purposes (indicating the legal basis in each case), including:
When and on what basis?
- Use of the Website (purpose and, where applicable, legitimate interest)
- To contact us (consent and, where applicable, legitimate interest)
- To apply for job opening (consent)
- To register for job days
- Identification information (name, address, email, phone, etc.)
- Contact details
- Interests, positions
- Curriculum vitae
- Improving the user experience on the Website
- Responding to attempts to make contact
- Facilitating the job application procedure
- Facilitating registration for job days
- As a matter of principle, we do not send any personal data you provide via the Website to social media providers unless you give your consent.
- In addition to the above-mentioned purposes, we may also process your personal data:
- In order to offer you information in a personalized and efficient manner about the products and services you request, be that via the Website, by email, phone or social media.
- In order to process your personal data so that we can offer you certain Services.
- For direct marketing purposes, that is, to be able to provide you with targeted communication, promotions, offers and other advertisements for our company or selected partners. We will request your prior consent before doing so.
- To conduct statistical analyses with a view to improving our Website and/or Services, or to develop new products or services.
- In order to offer a financial institution or payment service provider the information needed, in order for your financial institution and payment service provider to fulfil their legal obligations.
- In order to submit them to the police or judicial authorities as evidence of possible offences, or if there are well-founded suspicions that you have committed an unlawful act or offence by means of your registration or use of the Website or the Services.
- In the context of a potential merger with, takeover of/division by a third party, even if that third party is outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
3 Whom we share data with
- We do not send your personal data in an identifiable form to any third parties without your express consent, unless this is required for the operation of the Website and/or to provide the Services.
- We may call upon the services of external processors in order to offer you the Website and/or the Services. We ensure that third-party processors may only process your personal data on our behalf and upon our written instructions. We guarantee that all external processors are selected with the necessary care so that we can count on the security and integrity of your personal data.
- We may provide anonymised and/or aggregated data to other organizations that may use these data to improve products and services and to arrange for customized marketing, presentation and sale of products and services.
4 Where we process data
- We ourselves and our external processors will process your identifiable personal data only within the EEA.
- We may send your anonymised and/or aggregated data to organizations outside the EEA. If such data are shared, we will ensure that there are appropriate guarantees of the security and integrity of your personal data and safeguards of all the personal data rights you may enjoy under applicable binding legislation, and that the necessary legal protection mechanism is implemented.
- Data are transferred outside the EEA via the following organization:
- Google Analytics – USA (Standard contractual clauses)
5 How we process data
- We will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to secure your personal data against unauthorized access or theft and against accidental loss, manipulation or deletion. Access by our staff or the staff of our external processors is possible on a need-to-know basis only and is subject to strict confidentiality obligations. You acknowledge, however, that care for the safety and security incurs solely a best efforts obligation and can never the guaranteed.
- If and insofar as your registration on the Website or use of the Website or Services may be considered (a) as a breach of the terms and conditions or intellectual property rights or any other third-party right, (b) a threat to the security or integrity of the Services, (c) a danger to our Website or Services or systems or those of our subcontractors as a result of viruses, Trojan horses, spyware, malware or any other form of malicious code, or (d) in any way whatsoever, that is illegal or unauthorized, discriminatory or offensive, we may process your data in our own interests or those of our partners or third parties.
6 How long do you store my data?
The storage periods vary depending on the nature of the service provided. We store your data:
- as long as necessary for the purposes for which they were collected and processed.
- As long as they are needed in order to meet our legal, contractual and judicial obligations and for the purposes of our commercial operational activities.
7 Your rights
- You have the right to request access to all the personal data that we process concerning you. However, requests for access that are clearly made with a view to overburdening our services or causing us damage will not be met.
- You have the right to request that any of your personal data that are incorrect or inaccurate be corrected at no cost. If you have registered on our Website, you can correct many of these data yourself via your profile. If you make such a request, you must accompany it with proof that the personal data which you are requesting to be corrected are incorrect.
- You have the right to revoke your earlier consent to processing of your personal data. You may revoke your consent at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the right to ask that personal data relating to you be deleted if you have revoked your consent to processing. However, you should bear in mind that a request that we delete your data will be assessed in the light of legal or regulatory obligations or administrative or judicial orders that may prevent us from deleting the personal data in question.
- Instead of deletion, you may also ask that we restrict the processing of your personal data if (a) you dispute the correctness of the data, (b) the processing is unlawful or (c) the data are no longer needed for the stated purposes but you need them in order to defend yourself in court proceedings.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data if you can demonstrate that there are serious and legitimate reasons relating to particular circumstances and that justify your objection. If, however, the intended processing is considered direct marketing, you have the right to object to such processing at no cost and without a need for justification.
- If your personal data are processed on the basis of consent or of a contract, and the processing is automated, you have the right to receive the personal data you provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, where technically possible, you have the right to transfer these data directly to another service provider. The technical feasibility of this operation is determined solely by us.
- If you wish to submit a request to exercise one or more of the above-mentioned rights, you can send an email to email@example.com. Such a request must state clearly which right you wish to exercise and why. We will immediately acknowledge receipt of such a request. If the request appears to be well founded, we will accede to the request as soon as possible and at the latest within thirty (30) days after receipt. You may be asked for additional confirmation of your identity.
- If you have a complaint about the way we process your personal data, you can always contact us via the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are not satisfied by our answer, you are free to file a complaint with the competent data protection authority, the Belgian Data Protection Authority, Drukpersstaat/rue de la Presse 35, 1000 Brussels. For more information, please see https://www.dataprotectionauthority.be.